Featured

Monday, June 21, 2010

Treats

I made some mini cupcakes with my new mini muffin pan for father's day.  They turned out so cute...they were just from a box this time, but tasty!


Great Grandma's Popcorn Balls

Recipe

1/3 cup of popping corn
3 tbsp vegetable oil

Pop popcorn according to package instructions

Syrup
1/2 cup light karo syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
food coloring

Heat syrup, sugar and salt over medium heat until sugar dissolves stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add desired amount of food coloring. (a little goes a long way)  Pour over popcorn and mix well.  Butter hands with cooking spray and form into balls.   Makes about 7 popcorn balls.

This is such a simple recipe.  My great grandma used to make tons of them every Christmas.  They're my dad's favorite, so I thought I would make him some for father's day.  And of course I had to try one...YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment