Featured

Monday, December 6, 2010

Glittered Pinecones

Last year I collected some pinecones from our backyard to add to our holiday decor.  But I didn't just want plain pinecones, however, I did still want them to look natural.  So, I picked up some silver glitter spray at Walmart for about $3.00 and got to work.  I laid the pinecones out on a piece of cardboard and sprayed them 3 times really well.  The glitter is still very subtle, but pretty.  I was really happy with the way they turned out.  Let me know if you try it or have any other pinecones projects.




It's hard to see just how pretty the glitter looks in pictures, but in person they look like they have frost all over them.

 I use them as vase filler and add a little fake snow.

I'm linking up here:




Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love the look with rustic and glitter. So fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, I had NO idea there was such a thing as spray glitter!! I think I might have to stop at walmart tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spray glitter is awesome! Ever since I bought it, I've used it on all kinds of projects. It just adds that little bit of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete