Featured

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fireworks In A Bottle

Once again I've been inspired by a project that I found on Pinterest. Big surprise, I know, but there are so many great ideas floating around out there!

I give you, Fireworks In A Bottle!


This project is all about the kiddos. I love all the sensory bottles I find on Pinterest and thought the kids might like them too. They're basically homemade snow globes using items that you have on hand, such as plastic bottles, beads, glitter, ribbon, confetti, etc. I have a couple different ideas pinned, but since the Fourth of July is just around the corner, I knew I wanted to make my own version of these from No Twiddle Twaddle:


I already had plastic water bottles, red ribbon, white ribbon and silver glitter on hand, but wanted to pick up some blue ribbon and some star confetti. I loaded up the kiddos and we took a trip to Michael's. When I got there I came across a whole 4th of July section and they had some awesome glittery red and blue ribbon for 30% off, so I picked up a roll of both colors. I also grabbed some silver star confetti. Then on the way home, I decided that I didn't want to use the water bottles I had on hand. I wanted to use the square Fiji water bottles, so we stopped at the gas station to get a couple bottles of water. I didn't mind spending the extra couple bucks because Fiji water is my favorite and I was thirsty anyway!

Once we were home, we got to work. First I cut up all different sized ribbon strips. Then I grabbed the rest of the supplies:

red glitter ribbon (Michael's)
blue glitter ribbon (Michael's)
white ribbon (already had on hand)
silver star confetti (Michael's)
silver glitter (already had on hand)
Fiji water bottles
super glue


 Then it was time to fill the bottles with all the goodies.

 Once we were done filling the bottles with "fireworks", I filled them up with water. Oil would work better for keeping the glitter and confetti swirling longer after shaking, but I didn't have any on hand.

Once the bottles were filled with water, I used super glue to seal the lids on to ensure no spillage.

Fireworks In A Bottle!!

Each kiddo has their own bottle of fireworks.


Hudson thinks it's pretty cool! He had lots of fun putting everything in the bottle.

He has a fascination with fireworks and makes all kinds of "firework" sounds when he shakes it! It's kind of funny!

One thing I noticed about the water though (that was also mentioned here on No Twiddle Twaddle); it does start to turn a little pink from the color bleeding off the ribbon. If you took the time to pre-soak the ribbon it might not bleed, but this was supposed to be a quick, easy project, so I wasn't too worried about it. It doesn't bother me..okay, it bothers me a little, but not enough to make new ones! Ha ha!

This was a fun project! I even liked making one! Plus it's a safe way for kids to play with "fireworks"!

Has anyone else made any 4th of July projects or crafts?

I still have a couple more things I want to make before the holiday arrives. We'll see if I have enough time!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment