Featured

Monday, March 21, 2011

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Recently I've been loving all things owl, just like the rest of blog land, and the little guy is really into them now too.  Every time he sees one, he points and yells out, "Woo, Woo!"  It's really cute!  Anyway, I thought I would make him an owl of his own to watch over him while he sleeps.  It's nothing fancy...simply made out of some scrapbook paper I had on hand.  He loves it!  The process was as easy as it gets:

Find some cute scrapbook paper.  I had some cute polka dot paper on hand, so I used that.

 Then I drew, freehand, the body of the owl.

 Once, I had the body cut out, I drew the other parts and cut them out.

Next, I glued all the parts together into an owl.  I wanted to leave some space on the center in case I decide to add his initial or something fun there later.

 And finally, I put it in a frame that was already hanging in his room.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!  It's not perfect, but I think it looks pretty cute and you can't beat free artwork.

 We plan to paint his room aqua soon, as I mentioned in this post, and then I think the colors will really pop.

As you can see, artwork can be made easily, out of pretty much anything.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment