Featured

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Recipe Time: Better Than Sex Cake

For my husband's birthday, I told him to browse my Pinterest recipe board to find a dessert that sounded good and I would make it for him. He chose Better Than Sex Cake. I know this is a very popular cake and most people have had some version of it. My mother-in-law has made it before, but her version is a little different. I've never made it myself, but it was soooo easy and incredibly delicious! I'm sure this is one I'll be making again.

This version of the recipe originally came from Barefoot and Baking.


Better Than Sex Cake

Ingredients:

1 box chocolate cake mix (+ whatever it calls for on the back)

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 jar hot fudge sauce

1-8 oz container of cool whip

4 Skor Bars, crushed (I used Heath bars, but if I when I make it again I plan to use Butterfinger instead)


Directions:

Make and bake cake according to box directions. As soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes with the handle of a wooden spoon (I did this, but would recommend using some other utensil to do poke the holes; the holes were big and I didn't want to make too many causing the cake to sink in the center, so I didn't think the condesed milk was distributed evenly enough.) all over the cake. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.

Let cool completely.

Next spread fudge over the cake, and put in the fridge to set.

When it is cool, spread coolwhip over the top and then top with crushed candy bars. Refrigerate leftovers.




The recipe didn't say to, but I had to microwave the fudge in order to get it thin enough to spread over the cake without tearing the top. I can't remember how long it was in the microwave total because I had to keep taking it out, stirring it and putting it back in for longer. It was probably close to 3 times for 30 seconds each time.




Enjoy!

linking up at 33 Shades of Green for Tasty Tuesday.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment