Featured

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DIY Luggage Tag

A few years ago I started making personalized luggage tags as gifts for friends and family.  I basically taught myself how to do it and now I'm going to teach you.  It's simple, but there are a lot of steps.  The cost is minimal if you're anything like me and already have most of the supplies.  Let's get started.

Supplies:
scrapbook paper
white cardstock
photo laminating sheets (these are the sheets that don't need to go through a laminating machine)
scrapbook letter stickers (another options is to print out the letters)
double sided tape
hole punch
eyelets
ribbon


First, you need to cut the scrapbook paper to fit inside the photo laminating sheet.

Next, either print out the first or last initial of the person receiving the tag or cut a small square from white cardstock and attach a scrapbook sticker in the center.  Then, use the double sided tape to attach it to the center of the scrapbook paper.

Once you have it attached, grab the laminating sheet and center the scrapbook paper with the letter side facing away from the sticky side.  When you have it where you want it, remove the backing of the sticky side and carefully smooth it over the scrapbook paper.

Use your hole punch to punch a hole through the top, center of the tag, making sure to go through the scrapbook paper.

Optional: Use an eyelet to seal the hole and make it look more decorative.  Then pull the ribbon through the eyelet and tie.
Aren't they so cute?!!

And the back can be used to write (with permanent marker) the owners information in case they lose their luggage.

These tags are awesome and can be used for anything you want; luggage, diaper bags, purses, gym bags, etc.  Since they are personalized for the recipient, they are extra special.

These would be perfect for small Christmas gifts for friends or co-workers, stocking stuffers, birthday gifts, moving gifts...just about anything!!

Where I'm linking up today:




Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. These are adorable. I still use the one you gave me every time I travel. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! You could use them anywhere, really. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Love these! :) I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I swear I didn't see your post until just now as I went to link up to Fireflies & Jellybeans ;-). Great minds think alike. I'll have to try your method next time. Love the eyelets!

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new follower from Social Parade! Great idea!!

    Beki
    http://mymodernguide.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this idea. Thanks for showing us how.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete