Featured

Thursday, October 7, 2010

More Candy Corn!

I liked my candy corn project yesterday so much that it gave me an even bigger and better idea.  So, last night I ran out to pick up some medium sized terra cotta pots and got to work as soon as I got home.  Here is what I did:

First I primed my pots with latex primer.

Then I painted the layered colors of the candy corn.  I didn't take pics of this because I figured it's pretty self explanatory.  After the paint was dry, I used a stencil to trace on some letters spelling out Trick-Or-Treat, and then painted the letters black.  Painting the letters was the most tedious part.


 Here are my cute candy corns!!  I think I'll put them on the front porch surrounded by pumpkins!

 Like I said yesterday, I didn't want the lines to be straight, but if you do, just use painter's tape and that should do the trick.

I also think it would be really cute to get the big terra cotta pots and use them as pumpkin stands!!  I don't have any pumpkins yet, otherwise I would have tried it with these.

The total cost to make this project:  $9.00 for the pots.  I had everything else on hand.

Here is where I'm linking up today:







Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. That is super cute and will be adorable on your porch with pumpkins around it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm over from Wendy's Frugal Friday... This is absolutely adorable! What a fun project, my kids would love it! Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea...simple but sweet and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin' cute! I love it! These will be great porch decor while we wait for pumpkin carving time, and they will last year to year! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love this idea! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love candy corns and these are just adorable. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I featured you this week!

    http://www.houseofhepworths.com/2010/10/13/hookin-up-with-hoh-20/

    Feel free to grab a button if you want.

    ~Allison @ House of Hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them!

    - Michelle @ Bunch of Craft

    ReplyDelete