Featured

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crown Molding...2 Years Later

Yes, you read that correctly.  We have had the crown molding for our master bedroom sitting in the basement for almost 2 years!!  Apparently we've had a lot going on...or we my husband isn't very good at completing projects in a timely manner.  He always has good intentions, but when it comes to actually following through with projects, he could use a little work!  Sorry honey!  Love you!

But none of that matters now because just last week, my father-in-law came over (thanks Mike) to help us complete the hanging part of the project.  It still needs to be caulked and painted, but it's almost there!  And I must say, it looks sooooooo good!  A million times better than it did before.  I'm so happy that it's finally hung I could seriously do a happy dance, but since I'm hugely preggers I guess I'll pass this time.

Here are a couple of before photos.  Do you see how we didn't paint all the way to the ceiling...well that was because we took down trim posing as crown molding that was hung by one of the previous owners and found wall paper underneath.  Just one of the many surprises we were left to discover in this house!  The wall paper had already been painted over many times, so there was really no way of removing it.  The molding did a great job of covering up the evidence though.

 We're really not sure what the people who did this and all the other home improvement mistakes around here were thinking.  Was it pure laziness or did they really think they knew what they were doing and didn't once bother to any home improvement research?!  I mean I'm all for learning as you go, but I also think it's super important to take the time to make sure that you're doing things correctly.

Here is an in progress picture.
Don't you think it's looking better already?

And here are the "after the hanging" pictures.  Remember, we still need to caulk and paint the trim and the ceiling.




Once the molding is finished and the room is all put back together I'll be sure to post more after photos.  Hopefully that will all get completed this weekend.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment