Featured

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Recipe Time: Pumpkin Bars

Yesterday I made chili and cinnamon rolls for dinner, but because it was chilly outside and I was bored, I decided to make a pumpkin bar recipe that I found on Pinterest. I've never made pumpkin anything before except pie, so I was excited to try these! It is a super simple recipe and the bars are done in no time!

The original recipe can be found here at realmomkitchen.com. The only change I made was ommitting chocolate chips to half the pan of bars.

I actually think the bars taste better today after being in the fridge overnight! I love fall and all the pumpkin recipes! And not only do these taste amazing, but they're also so pretty!



Pumpkin Bars


6 eggs

1 1/2 cup oil (I use canola)

3 cups sugar

1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 large can (29 oz) pumpkin

3 1/4 cup flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 Tbsp cinnamon

1 1/2 tsp. salt


Mix together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin. Fold in dry ingredients and pour into jelly roll pan (13 x 18 pan) .  Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake. Frost with cream cheese frosting.


Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (I use light)

8 Tablespoons butter, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1 tsp vanilla

(I doubled this recipe for the frosting to cover the entire pan of bars. In the original recipe, she only frosts half the pan)


Blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla.




Hudson was helping me take pictures!

This recipe makes A LOT of bars for a small family, so it would be a great recipe for parties or family gatherings! I need to call some friends to see if I can take them some tonight!

Linked up here:


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment