Featured

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pinterest Challenge



I am taking part in the Fall Edition of Young House Love's and Bower Power's Pinterest Challenge. I haven't finished my project yet though due to a busy weekend full of photography and Halloween activities with my family.

My plan was to make an advent calendar for Christmas this year and I found one that I thought was really cute and simple.

My Inspiration:


It's from http://www.thecraftingchicks.com/ and they even included free printables of the numbers, Bonus!

I found a library book envelope at the Silhouette store that looks almost identical to the ones they used, and it also included the card insert. Perfect!

So, yesterday I got them all cut out. It took quite a while to cut out 25 of them while trying to take care of a 4-month-old and a very curious 2 1/2 year old! I had plans to get them all put together once I was done, but that didn't happen. That's where I am today. I've been slowing folding and gluing the envelopes together.




Once the envelopes are finished, I plan to add scrapbook paper to the fronts and then attach the numbers. After that I want to print out cards for each day's activity, punch a hole at the top and add a ribbon, similar to what the crafting chicks did. I'm not exactly sure how or where I'll display them yet. I was thinking maybe attached with a clothes pin to some twine wrapped around our Christmas tree or maybe I'll find a large secondhand frame that I can spray paint and add clips to; how ever I decide to do it, it needs to be easily accessible.

I'm so excited about this project and can't wait to see my finished product!

I will post pictures as soon as I have it finished. In the meantime, I'll be blogging about other things happening around here. 


P.S. We're getting our first snow of the season today,

which means it's Harper's first snow!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment