Featured

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I haven't been doing much crafting or major cooking lately. I've been spending most of my free time catching up on my Project Life album. I had to go back and pick out all the pictures that I wanted to use and mark them according to week and then load them for printing. We haven't replaced our ink cartridges yet, so I printed them at Target, which I must say, I'm super happy with. I had previously been printing at Walgreens because it's very close to our house and they always have a discount on prints, but the quality was horrible. I knew I didn't want poor, discolored photos for my Project Life, so I switched to Target. They cost a little more, but the quality is soooo much better and well worth the extra pennies!

Anyway, I've been going through and adding the photos and then adding journaling, keepsakes (such as receipts, mail, clothing tags, etc.) and embellishments. So far, I'm LOVING the outcome. I still have a ton more to do before it's all caught up, but I'm really enjoying the process! I'm also working on the current week at the same time, so it's been a lot of work! As soon as I get entirely caught up, I will be sure to photograph it all and have a big post. After that, I hope to post my weekly spreads as I go.

Here's a peek:

 (I apologize for the photo quality. It's been dark and rainy here all week, so I just snapped these quickly this morning.)

Oh, I did manage to FINALLY sew a set of curtains for Harper's room! They are far from perfect (and I actually did have a major screw up), but I'm so happy I completed my first sewing project! I still have to make the other set for the second window. I plan on finishing those up this weekend and then getting the hardware to hang them. So exciting! I would take a picture for you, but right now, they're folded up sitting on the ironing board and I think they will look much more impressive (maybe) when they're hung up.

*If you would like to learn more about Project Life check out http://www.beckyhiggins.com/.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment