Featured

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Craft Time: Letter Make-over

I'm in the process of redecorating our son's bedroom.  It's very much like a nursery now and we really want to make it into more of a big boy room and add some personality to it.  Here is where I'm starting:

I originally bought and hung letters to spell out his name on the wall above his crib.  I painted them white and hung them in blue bubbles painted on the wall...well the blue bubbles are now painted over and I no longer liked the white letters.  I felt they needed more color, so I followed a tutorial on how to cover letters with scrapbook paper from Alissa at one of my favorite blogs 33 Shades of Green and here's how they turned out.


Here is the plain white letter that I started with.  I placed it face side down on the back of the scrapbook paper and traced it.  Then cut out the letter.

After that I just used some craft glue mixed with a little water(to thin it out), brushed it on the letter and then attached the paper.

And here is the finished project!  I absolutely love the paper and the letters look great hanging on the wall!

Stay tuned for the reveal of more of from the nursery redesign, and be sure to check out Alissa's blog for lots of great crafting and diy ideas, not to mention her beautiful photography!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I love the paper you used. We need to get together sometime soon to talk about party decorations and life, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let's get together! I don't have anything going on next week except for tuesday. Let me know what works for you!

    ReplyDelete