Featured

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Recipe Time: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

This recipe is for my friend Sarah who was asking for an enchilada recipe a couple weeks ago.  I got this one from my aunt Shelly and they are delicious...not exactly good for you, but delicious!  Enjoy!!

Ingredients:

1 tbs. butter or margarine
1 medium onion chopped
1 4.5 oz can green chilis, drained
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
3 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken breast
8 8 in. flour tortillas
2 8 oz pkg monterrey jack cheese
2 cups whipping cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook chicken.  I poach my chicken and use Martha Stewart's poaching instructions found here, except I only add salt to the water.  Once cooked, I shred the chicken, but you could also cut it into cubes.

Next, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add onion and saute for 5 mins.  Add green chilis, saute 1 min.  Stir in chicken and cream cheese, cook stirring constantly until cream cheese is melted.  Spoon 2-3 tbs chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.  Roll tortilla and place seam side down in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking dish.  Sprinkle with monterrey jack cheese and drizzle with whipping cream from carton.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

*They make great left overs too and reheat nicely in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment