Featured

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pinterest Recipe List & Ratings

I've made quite a few recipes from my board on Pinterest...I still have like a million more and counting to go before I've made them all, but this is a start. I thought I would share the list with you and even add mine and my husband's rating to each one. Keep in mind that you may have different tastes than we do, but I thought I would include our ratings for fun. I'm not saying that any of these recipes are bad (not at all), there are just some that I enjoyed more than others and some that I will (if I haven't already) make over and over again. That's what we're basing our ratings off.

We used a rating scale of 1-5 stars with 1 star being our least favorite and 5 stars being the best a.k.a. our favorites. I still highly suggest that if something sounds good to you, you should definitely try it. I mean, isn't finding new recipes that you love so much fun?! I get really excited when I find something that becomes a staple in our recipe book!

So here they are in no particular order:

Better Than Sex Cake
Tashia- 4 1/2 stars (I would have rated it 5 stars if it were topped with Butterfinger instead of Heath crumbles, which I will change next time I make it.)
Jeremy- 5 stars
recipe link

Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
Tashia- 5 stars (These are so good and completely addictive. I could seriously sit down and just eat a giant bowl!)
Jeremy- 5 stars
recipe link

Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan and pecans
Tashia- 4 stars (I'm still learning to like green veggies, but these are delicious)
Jeremy- 5 stars
recipe link

Roasted Chickpeas
Tashia- 1 star(It's possible that I didn't make these correctly though)
Jeremy- 2 stars
recipe link

Sour Cream Chicken Bake
Tashia- 3 1/2 stars (This chicken is very moist and tender. It's pretty good. I have already made it twice)
Jeremy- 4 1/2 stars
recipe link

Parmesan Honey Pork Roast
Tashia- 4 stars (This was different, but really tasty)
Jeremy- 4 stars
recipe link

Applesauce Cookies with Caramel Frosting
Tashia- 4 1/2 stars (I thought these were so moist and delicious! Everyone in my family loved them too.)
Jeremy- 4 stars
recipe link

White Chicken Enchiladas
Tashia- 4 1/2 stars (I love Mexican food and this is a really good, simple recipe.)
Jeremy- 3 1/2 stars (Jeremy said he would have rated it higher, but he likes my chicken enchilada recipe better.)
recipe link

Coca Cola Cake
Tashia- 3 1/2 stars (It is very rich and I think it almost had a little too much glaze. I would make it again, but with less glaze.)
Jeremy- 2 1/2 stars
recipe link

French Bread Pizzas
Tashia- 2 1/2 stars (This is a simple, kid-friendly meal, but I couldn't get Hudson to eat it. Nothing fancy. You can basically make these your own and add anything you like.)
Jeremy- 2 stars
recipe link

Cheese Pinwheel Rolls
Tashia- 2 1/2 stars (These were good, but needed more flavor I thought. Very easy to make though. They're basically like little pizza rolls. Next time I'll add pepperoni.)
Jeremy- 2 1/2 stars
recipe link

Lasagna Rolls
Tashia- 4 stars (I love pasta and this recipe makes lasagna simple. I definitely plan to make these again and again.)
Jeremy- 3 stars
recipe link

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie & Oreo Brownie Bars
Tashia- 4 1/2 stars (These are amazing, but I may have over baked them just a tad because they seemed to get dry and hard quickly, like the next day, but I will totally make them again!)
Jeremy- 5 stars
recipe link

Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Tashia- 4 stars (Delicious and so simple. Yum!)
Jeremy- 4 1/2 stars
recipe link

World's Greatest Sandwich
Tashia- 5 stars (I love a good sandwich and it's hard to make amazing sandwich's at home, but this is awesome!)
Jeremy- 5 stars
recipe link

Banana Ice Cream
Tashia- 2 stars (Just to be clear, this is not an ice cream recipe. It's the recipe where you freeze bananas and then blend them to make an ice cream like treat. It was just okay. I think it would've been better without the peanut butter.)
Jeremy- 1 stars
recipe link

Kansas City Sue's Slow Cooker Chicken
Tashia- 1 1/2 stars (Totally different than I expected and I wasn't a fan. I think I expected it to taste BBQish and it tasted much more like an Asian dish to me. I think I was really caught off guard because I even made it to go over potatoes instead of rice. Now I know why they say to pour it over rice! Ha!)
Jeremy- 2 stars
recipe link

Pumpkin Bars
Tashia-5 stars (So awesome! Even better the next day!)
Jeremy-5 stars
recipe link

Beermosas (Orange Beers)
Tashia- 4 stars (I've always liked these.)
Jeremy- I drink beer beers
recipe link

Cheesy Beefy Enchilada Casserole
Tashia- 3 1/2 stars (Pretty delicious, but next time I'd cut the amount of sour cream added in half. It was a little too overpowering for me.)
Jeremy- 4 stars
recipe link

I have so many more recipes pinned that I can't wait to try. This list barely scratches the surface!

However, I will be taking a little hiatus from baking and even some cooking for a little while. Well, 30 days to be exact. Jeremy and I are starting an all natural, no processed foods meal plan tomorrow. It's part of my One Little Word for the year. I'm really making an effort to become more healthy, but also to lose some of the baby weight that I've accumulated over the past three years and two babies. And I just basically want to see how it improves my overall mood and appearance. By doing this little experiment of sorts, I'm hoping to come away with a more health conscience mind so that I'm making better decisions about what I eat on a daily basis. I guess we'll see how it goes and I'll be sure to keep you posted!

p.s. I will not be giving up my coffee...well my coffee creamer that is. That is the one thing I look forward to every morning and it makes me happy!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment