Featured

Monday, April 18, 2011

Barnyard Bash

This past weekend we celebrated Hudson's 2nd birthday with a barnyard theme party.  I designed all the decorations myself using clipart that I purchased off etsy.com at stockberry studios.  It all started with the design of the invitation, which I showed you earlier:



Once that was finished I knew the direction that I wanted everything to follow.  So here is how everything else turned out:

The silverware

 I wanted to dress up the party cups, so I designed some stickers for them, and loved the way they turned out!

 Here is a close-up of the napkin ring.

Here is a shot of the favor table.

 The favor bags.

 The favor bag table centerpiece.

 Picture-a-month banner.

 Close-up of the first six months

 The second six months

 The highchair banner

 Hudson enjoying his lunch.  What a mess!

The dessert table centerpiece.

Happy Birthday banner

Close-up

Dessert table

Cupcake toppers

The cow birthday cake.  I made it myself and have never done this before.  It didn't turn out too bad!

The party turned out great!  However, I found out that trying to get a 2-year-old to stay still long enough to pose for pictures is basically impossible, especially when it's nice outside!  But hopefully we'll be able to get some good family pictures on his actual birthday, which I'm also making some decorations for, so check back to see how those turn out.

I'm linking up here:



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. How absolutely adorable. I'm looking for ideas for my graduate's party. I LOVE the napkin rings. I guess I'd better get started!
    I found your link on The Tip Junkie's site. Thanks. I'm now a follower!
    Fondly, Tami
    www.thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the monthly picture banner! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I wish I could still plan cute little parties but alas, mine are growing up and forming their own opinions now lol. My best friend loves cows though and her little one is turning two. I HAVE to show her this since she buys her daughter everything cow realated. I'd like to invite you to share this at my VIP party this weekend. http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-12.html

    ReplyDelete