Featured

Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Life-September 2012

This post is a little overdue, but I wanted to share it anyway. We were pretty low key this past month. Hudson starting soccer for the first time was probably the biggest event that took place, as well as my favorite event. It is hilarious watching 3 and 4-year-olds running around a soccer field! We also hit up a carnival, watched a lot of college football and had my whole family down for a visit for 3 fun-filled days and I planted some new bushes and some mums. Here is the photo recap for you!





We had Rhododendrons planted, but the roots didn't spread for some reason and they dried up in the heat this summer. I even separated the roots, but apparently not enough. I bought these Winter Gem Boxwoods at Lowes 50% off. I think I paid $3.50 each. They're not my first choice, but they are medium growers (which means they'll grow fairly fast) and will fill out the space nicely next year.

My mums look kind of sad here, but they are thriving and look great now!


Hudson loves it when his cousins come for a visit! Yes. There is a snowflake blanket draped over Hudson's window. I'm not proud. But I haven't found the "right" fabric to make him curtains yet. And the blinds just don't keep it dark enough. Oh, and I've been looking for some pallets to make him a base for his bed. We just have so many projects going on at the moment that that one has kind of been put on the back burner. And I just noticed that the stripes on his bedding are going the wrong way. I think my nephew made the bed.



Harper hanging out with her cousin Emersyn. They're only 11 days apart, but it looks like Emmy is a lot older!


Mine and Jeremy's idea of a perfect Saturday night. College football, coffee and our computers! Boy, are we getting old or what?! Ha! Ha! (Please don't look at my awful looking nail polish!)

There's been lots of playing in the leaves! So much fun!

So, that pretty much sums up our September! Fun and low key! Hopefully I'll get October posted in a more timely manner!

Enjoy the day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment