Featured

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ladies Luncheon

Last Sunday I hosted the 2nd annual ladies luncheon for some of my girlfriends. I hosted the first ladies luncheon last year because I had a new baby and hadn't had the chance to spend much time with my friends all summer.  This year I kept it simple and just sent out evites from http://www.evite.com/.

Once the invites were sent, I set up a menu:

Appetizers:
Roasted Chicken Purses
Entree:
Penne in Almond Sauce
Fresh Fruit
Dessert:
Butterfinger Ice Cream Dessert (a recipe from my great grandma)

After the menu was set, I worked on coming up with a special favor for the ladies to take home.  Since I know all of my friends enjoying cooking...and food as much as I do, I decided that homemade recipe cards would be the perfect favor.  So I got to work on the computer and created these:

The evite that I sent out had lemons and limes on it, so I stuck with that color palette for the party.

The party was a success!  Thanks so much for joining me girls!  It was so nice to see all of you.  I can't wait until next year!  Maybe we'll have to have a dinner party this winter ;  )

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me! It was so fun and the food was wonderful! I told Wang I'm going to have to make him that penne sometime soon! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete