Here is the dresser before sanding (my helpful hubby did all the sanding):
And don't forget about the outdated hardware:
Here it is after the coat of oil based primer which is supposed to help keep the latex paint from bubbling up as much when you roll it on:
And here is the finished dresser!! We just love it! Notice that we removed the decorative trim that was along the bottom. It was a little too frilly for our son's room and we wanted it to have more of a cleanlined look. The paint I used was Fresh Aire semi gloss white paint and I applied it with a foam roller. It took 4 thin coats. Once the paint was dry, I applied one coat of the minwax fast-drying polyurethane.
The new updated hardware
We even took the time to line the top drawers with a nice dark brown felt. It makes the dresser seem more expensive. Jeremy (my helpful hubby) really wanted to line the drawers after we took a trip to Nebraska Furniture Mart and all the pricey dressers had lined drawers. He's so fancy!
Here is the cost break down:
Total Cost: $68 I love a good deal!!