Featured

Monday, August 16, 2010

Recipe Time: Butterfinger Dessert

This is a recipe that was handed down to me from my great grandma.  She used to make it for us every time my family would visit her and my great grandpa when I was growing up.  The taste instantly takes me back to my childhood and being at their house, which I loved visiting!  I don't know where it comes from originally, but it has been in our family for quite some time.  We even served it at our wedding rehearsal dinner and got tons of compliments!  I hope you decide to give it a try.  It's a great summer recipe!

Ingredients:
10 graham crackers, finely crushed
30 soda crackers, finely crushed
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 pkg. chocolate instant pudding
2 cups of milk
1 qt. vanilla ice cream, softened
1  8 oz. container of cool whip
2 Butterfinger candy bars, frozen and then crushed

Directions:
Combine all cracker crumbs and add melted butter, mix thoroughly.  Place 2/3 of crumbs in a 9x13 pan and pat.  Prepare instant puddings together as package directs, using only 2 cups of milk.  Blend softened ice cream into pudding until smooth and pour over crumb crust.
Refrigerate until somewhat firm.
Spread cool whip over ice cream.  Mix remaining cracker crumbs and Butterfingers together and sprinkle over the top.
Refrigerate overnight.


Here is a better look at the layers of deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment