Featured

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Before & After: Bad to Better

My mother-in-law gave us an old ceramic pumpkin a couple years ago and I always thought the color was a little too loud, so I've never used it.  While digging through my Halloween decorations this weekend I came across it and decided all it really needed to look better was a little bit of white spray paint (semi-gloss), which I had on hand.  So I grabbed my spray paint and got to work.

Here is what it looked like before:
I put some painter's tape on the stem because I didn't want that to be white. 
These pictures don't really portray just how orange this pumpkin actually was!
Here it is in progress.


Here it is after:
A little plain, so I think I may add our last initial in black to the front.
It definitely matches my room better now.

3 comments:

  1. Love the 'after' pumpkin! Now it'll go with everything and you can use it until Thanksgiving :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! That's exactly what I thought!

    ReplyDelete