Featured

Friday, September 17, 2010

Simple Mat Update

I've had this frame for over a year and never really liked the black mat.  It just doesn't look that good with the silver frame.  Anyway, I finally got around to changing it with some pretty scrapbook paper and here is what I did:

I removed the mat from the frame.
Placed the mat face side down on the back of the scrapbook paper to trace it.
Then I cut out the new mat.
Here it is cut and ready to go.
I used craft glue to attach the new mat to the old mat.  Done and Done!

Here is what it looked like before (including a curious little boy!)  Boring!

And here it is after!!  I l-o-v-e it!!  So much better!  That is an old picture that means a lot to me, and the new mat really adds a little something to it!
Total cost for this project:  Free!!  I had all the supplies I needed.


Here is where I'm linking up today:









5 comments:

  1. Very creative! I'm stopping by to follow your blog from SassySites Blog Hop! Look forward to getting to know you!

    Carrie A Groff
    http://livingahealthybeachlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the new mat makes the photo pop, it kinda got lost with the black surrounding it. Don't you just love all of the ways scrapbook paper can be used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being a part of our Sassy Sites blog party! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!
    http://sassysites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the transformation! I am a follower!
    Can you help me out? I am in a contest because of a recent post that I did on my weight loss. There is a contest on Face Book and I need you to vote! I am so close and I don't want the other guy to win! Just click on the link below and like that page (up at the top) then in the left hand column find my picture( I’m the one in the black bathing suit) under photo's 4 of 14 click(SEE All) and leave a comment under my picture! Thanks!!
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Lehi-UT/Kristi-Approved/391083710513
    You might have to copy and paste it into your browser.

    ReplyDelete