Featured

Monday, September 20, 2010

Trick-Or-Treat Tree

I bought these adorable smores Halloween ornaments a few years back (thinking that someday, when we had kids, they would like them).  Well, we have a kid now, so I pulled them out of my decoration box and brainstormed about how and where to hang them.  Last year I hung them on a strand of lights that were wrapped around our banister, but I wasn't crazy about it. 

So, this year I grabbed a couple of small, broken branches from our yard, spray painted them black and put them in a vase that was already sitting on our table.  They are cutsie and kiddish...not really my decorating style, but when I put them up, Hudson loved them right away.  I guess I was right about kids liking them!  Anyway,  it's hard to incorporate such whimsical decorations in with my regular decorations, but I'm making it work.  I still have some more decorating to finish up this morning, so I'll be back later with more.  In the meantime, here is the Trick-Or-Treat Tree:

Little Frankenstein is my favorite one, Hudson's too!

It was really hard to take pictures of this.  The little trick-or-treaters kept turning away from me!! 

P.S.  Did you notice the peanut butter kisses in the candy dish?  Am I the only person in the world that can't wait for Halloween so I can get my hands on some of these?!!  YUM!

2 comments:

  1. hey! somehow i came across your blog through somewhat simple i think.... and you are in omaha! me too! i am trying to figure out what to do with my life - i was actually an advertising major and worked in that for 5 years but now stay home with 3 kids....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute! I haven't seen a Halloween tree before.

    ReplyDelete