Featured

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Monthly Cleaning List

I've been thinking about my fall cleaning and to-do list this week so I pulled out an article I kept out of Woman's Day magazine from a few months back. (I come across so many great and helpful articles in magazines that instead of keeping the whole magazine, I tear out the article and put it in my binder)  This article is all about cleaning, but the list I wanted to check out is called "a year of 'biggies'" where they talk about a cleaning task for each month of the year. 

Here is the list:

January: Clean medicine cabinets; toss expired meds
February:  Clean all the hard-to-reach places; behind the stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer, sofas. and under beds
March:  Steam-clean carpets
April:  Wash windows and screens
May:  Organize the pantry and kitchen cabinets
June:  Wash duvets, blankets, comforters, spreads, pillows
July:  Clean and organize the garage
August:  Clean out drawers and closets.  Donate usable clothing and items to charity
September:  Clean out the linen closet
October:  Defrost and clean freezer, refrigerator, stove, oven
November:  polish silver, wash china, dust inside the china cabinet
December:  Turn mattresses; vacuum upholstered furniture and drapes

This is a pretty good list.  I actually do most of these tasks twice a year and some more often than that, but at least it gets you thinking about tackling tasks that you might not do on a regular basis.  Something to consider before winter sneaks up on us!


Where I'm linking up today!




No comments:

Post a Comment